Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pieces of My Life

Written on April 24, 2011,

   So when I was moved here from the ninth floor in general population, they gave me the last remaining bunk in a four-man cell. There are ten four-man cells in the unit. The other three guys in my cell are four months into their program. They're all here for OWIs too. I get along with them pretty well since they're all in their late 40's or early 50's, so they're more laid back than the majority of the younger guys I've been locked up in the past. They all warned me that the Social Worker that runs my group will be swamping me with tons of work. I have to keep reminding myself everyday that when I finish the program I'll be going home to my loving family all that much sooner.

   I'm trying to take advantage of every aspect the program has to offer. Especially when it comes to re-entering society. I'll need all the help I can get to find a job and work out transportation as well. I just hope the pieces of my life start to fit back together soon.

Until later...

~J. Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment