Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!


Journal entry...

5-20-2011
Day 33 Mom’s Birthday

  Today’s my Mom’s birthday, and to this date I think I’ve missed four of them due to being locked up. It makes me sad that I wasn’t there yet again, but I was happy when I finally got a hold of her on the phone and was able to wish her a happy birthday on the day of it, and that made me feel a little better. She told me she got my card too, so I was glad it got there in time too. She seemed happy when I talked to her and when she smiles it’s infectious. Even if I couldn’t see the smile on her face, I could hear it in her voice. Happy Birthday Mom!

~J. Doe

1 comment:

  1. It's my mum's birthday today, only she's the one in prison... It's really hard not being able to wake up in my childhood bedroom and shout 'HAPPY BITRTHDAY' to her this year... Given that im only thirteen that is...

    ReplyDelete