Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting Staffed!!??


Written on March 3, 2011....

   Today was mostly uneventful. We had Rec at 8:30AM and I made sure my cellmate came down too. We worked out our arms today, and by the time we got back to the cell he was complaining about how his arms were killing him. I told him to keep stretching and it'll get better. Instead, after we took showers, he decided to take a nap with his arms curled up. When it was time for him to get up for lunch, he jumped off the top bunk and almost screamed when to stretched his arms out! I teased him about it for awhile, only because it wasn't long ago when I did the same thing! After lunch my cellmate had a Psych. Appt. to do a follow-up on his meds. For the rest of the day we did the usual: read, nap, talk, etc. 

  Later in the evening the swamper did ice distribution and then read off everyone's passes for tomorrow. Almost everyone has a Library pass at 8:30AM. Then he came back to my cell and told me I have a “PM Will-Call pass for A & E”. He tells me this everyday though. It means they'll call me down whenever they need me in the PM hours for my Assessment & Evaluation (staffing). I didn't believe it so I said I wasn't even going to get up until he read my DOC# off of it. Once he did, I knew it was true; I'm going to staffing tomorrow!! I can't wait, but I'm nervous, but at the same time I don't think I could be any more prepared than I am now. I'm going to reread my notes for this meeting and try to distract myself by reading before I attempt to get some sleep. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it...

Until tomorrow...

~J. Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment