Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday is a Day of Rest... and Loneliness

Writings from the day of Sunday, January 23, 2011,

  Today nothing really special happened.  Three meals as usual and that's the only time we got out of our cell.  The swamper came around this morning and asked my cellmate if I wanted to go to church.  He told me I 'wasn't on the list.'  I finally got my 'Institutional copy' of the Bible on Friday after asking for three weeks.  I'm glad I now had my own.  Now that they finally got that distributed to me maybe they'll finally call me out for a different church service sometime this week.  Only time will tell....

  There was no mail distribution today since no one gets mail anywhere on Sundays.  Hopefully something comes tomorrow.  It's always nice when you get mail when you're in prison.  Even if it's someone cussing you out, a lawyer responding to a legal claim or someone who actually cares.  At least when you get some mail in prison it reminds you that you haven't just been locked up and forgotten.  So, for those of you who are reading this and know someone in jail or prison, take a few minutes today and write them a letter.  Let them know you are thinking about them.  I promise you, you will brighten their day significantly.

~J. Doe

1 comment:

  1. It's been so nice reading your blog as I have a son who will be heading to Dodge in a few weeks. This is a chance for me to read what his daily life may be like and I'm going to print this off and send it to him so he can know a little more about what his life will be. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete