Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cinco de Mayo, Still Fear of Freedom

Journal entry...


5-5-2011
Day 18

  Today is Cinco de Mayo. Which tends to be a big drinking day for me. I know last year it was a non-stop party that day. It almost ended in a lot of people I know getting into trouble too. It’s sad to say, but I’m probably one of the few who is glad that I’m locked up on days like this. At least I know that if I’m in here today, I’m not getting into any trouble. Outside of here, everyday is unpredictable. Even though I’m confident I’ll be able to stay sober, I still fear my release date. Everything is so much easier to manage in here. I don’t even have to think very much in here. One day I hope this fear of freedom will go away. When I earn my freedom, I want to enjoy it.

(Counselor Note - Other than partying, how’s this day important to you?)

~J.Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment