Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Another Day, Another Cellmate. FINALLY!!

Written on Wednesday, February 9, 2011

  Today started off like a typical Wednesday in DCI for me.  I was thinking we had Rec at 7:30 or 8:30 this morning, so, when I got up, I had a nice strong cup of coffee before going to breakfast.  Only when I got to breakfast I was reminded that Rec wasn't until 2:30 PM.  Well that just sucks!!  So after I went back to my cell I laid down and tried my best to go back to sleep.

  Around 9:30 AM the Sgt. woke my cellmate up to tell him he was being moved to Unit 21 at the other end of the building.  Someone down there was apparently having problems with another inmate in their unit and they decided I'd like them as a cellmate I guess...

  Around 10:00 AM my now old cellmate left and my new one came in.  We started talking and immediately I was relieved to find out he wasn't a problem causer and had made up the story about having problems with another inmate so he would be moved to this end of the building and possibly to the same unit his nephew was in.  Unfortunately for him his nephew isn't in my unit, but fortunately for me I got a cellmate that shows some respect. 

  For the record, this guy is a 32 year old black male from Milwaukee and we get along fine so far.  He goes by the name "Pig" in case I refer to him later, you'll know who I'm talking about.  He's doing four years for a 'dope case' as any drug related case is called here.  He told me he has been here for over five months and still hasn't been staffed which is killing my hope to be staffed soon.

  I didn't get any mail today but I called home and talked to my parents.  We had a typical conversation about how things were and my Mom verified some things I was wondering about someone.  I often wonder if anything this person I talked to my Mom about ever said was true?  Well, I can't let it change my plans and goals.  I'll just keep on going.  I've based too many of my decisions on the actions of others for too long.

  Anyhow... My cellmate and I talked for a few hours and for once I got to turn the lights out at 9:00 PM and got to sleep shortly after.

  Until tomorrow...

~J. Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment