Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Whole Winter Already?

Written on February 18, 2011,

   Today was a SLOW day. It was a beautiful day outside from the looks of the view from my cell window. The sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, and the snow was melting at an alarming rate. Have I been locked up for the whole winter already??

  I didn't have any Rec today so the majority of my day was spent reading, sleeping and wanting to pull my hair out because I was so bored. Usually I can handle the boredom, but today being the last of the work week here meant I definitely wasn't getting staffed this week. At times the anticipation of getting staffed soon is worse than where they'll staff me.I just wish they would get it over with! I need to get to a radio or TV or even a guitar. Something to listen to. The silence is the hardest. Someone even started kicking their cell door a little bit ago. I assume it was just to cause a commotion because no one admitted to it when the Sgt. went to check it out. I'm just going to read my book for awhile and hope it gets better in here soon. For the most part I'm happy I don't have voices in my head. But the ones that do are sometimes lucky I guess; they always have someone to talk to! LOL!!

   The Sgt. put the loose buttons that inmates have pulled off their green pants on the ledges of the peoples door that she thought had been kicking it. Her way of setting a trap to catch the kicker, I suppose. Too bad it didn't work because they saw the button and wouldn't touch the door. If nothing else, at least it kept it quiet in here. For the rest of the night my cellmate and I read or talked a little before shutting the light off and going to sleep.

Until tomorrow...

~J. Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment