Friday, March 25, 2011

Only With Your Father, God and The Bible...

Written on February 19, 2011,

   I was aiming to go to Rec again today, but when I got up for 6:00AM standing count, I almost couldn't stand up in time. I pinched a nerve in my lower back that was causing severe muscle spasms and debilitating pain in certain positions. So after breakfast I went back to bed and tried to get some sleep while doing my best to keep my back straight. I woke up just before lunch and was as stiff as a board. I went to lunch and came back long enough to do standing count and get ready for Rec before 12:30PM. I still went to Rec with every intention of working out so I could shake this stiffness and hopefully un-pinch the nerve causing me these problems. After Rec I felt a little better and the hot shower helped some too. It's not perfect but I can't expect much more without a chiropractor.

   My cellmate got called out for a visit he was expecting to get on Sunday, but I guess they came earlier due to the pending storm. He was called out around 3:15PM and unfortunately neither he nor his father knew visits only go until 4:00 on weekends. They canceled his visit around 3:45PM giving him only a half hour or so. That really sucks for him. He doesn't have anyone else out there that he's in touch with anymore besides his father. So between visits that he looks forward to so much, he has the Bible and God.

   The remainder of my Saturday was spent reading and talking to my cellmate about things I'm sure hardly any others in here are educated enough on to hold a conversation about. Like computer hardware, software, languages of code, differences of operating systems, and other technology related subjects. I have been trying to limit my food intake because I find myself eating out of boredom, and I'm gaining weight too fast. So I had to keep myself distracted enough to not eat anything either. I think it was pretty late when I had the light turned off.

Until tomorrow...

~J. Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment