Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Day of Paperwork.. and Strange Silence.

Written on Tuesday, February 1, 2011

  For the most part I slept the majority of the morning other than getting up for meals and head counts.  Around 2:30 PM the 2nd shift Sarge passed out everyone's canteen orders, slowly but surely.  After he finished canteen he started on mail.  Today everyone got copies of their monthly balance and transaction sheets.  They show details of an inmate's funds.  I also got an updated visitation list that now included my brother too.

  In addition I received a copy of my 'Personal Accountability and Goals sheet.'  I filled one out immediately after coming to DCI, but after being here this long, having had some study options, my answers now differ from when I first got here.  So, I'll have a copy from then and now to take with me  to A&E for staffing. 

  Other than that, I spent the evening reading and writing.  I didn't go out to help the swamper tonight because the Sarge wasn't going for it.

  The snow is really coming down and the wind is blowing at 35 mph so this has prevented my cellmate from leaving to boot camp yet.  Anyhow, now I'm going to eat, read and lay down to sleep hopefully.

Until tomorrow...

~J. Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment